Tactical Data Links
Cubic’s comprehensive data link products provide Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) capabilities for land, air and maritime military operations. The data links allow military commanders to obtain real-time images and sensor data to precisely locate and identify enemy targets – anywhere, at anytime – in a network-centric environment.
Consisting of an air-data terminal and ground-data terminal, Cubic’s tactical data links provide secure, air-to-ground transmission of streaming video, radar, laser, infrared, and other sensor information. Our advanced digital Common
Data Link (CDL) products feature high-bandwidth, spectrally efficient CDL-standard waveforms. The data link terminals are lightweight, cost-effective and expandable.
Leveraging technologies and skills from the 20-year Joint STARS program, Cubic’s CDL products feature an open standard, field-proven design to ensure interoperability among multiple platforms. The data links are adaptable to a variety of configurations for Unmanned Aircraft (UAs), manned fixed wing, rotary wing, shipboard operations and surface terminals.
- Software-defined using field programmable gate array and integrated general purpose processor technologies
- Conducts secure, robust ISR communications in near real time
- Provides high-throughput, versatility and jam-resistance
- Interoperable with other vendors’ equipment, and adaptable to multiple platforms
- Implemented as an open-standard architecture
- Cubic’s waveform libraries include Standard CDL (STD-CDL) and Bandwidth Efficient (BE-CDL) waveforms up to 274 Mbps
- Operates in a complex and hostile environment
- Performs instantaneous video streaming and data transmission
- Application-specific hardware, ranging from man-portable, lightweight configurations to large dish surface mount systems