Mobility Training Locations
Our 2.5-mile paved circuits allow trainees to attain driving speeds in excess of 100 mph, while both wet and dry conditions test advanced skid control. Off-road training areas are comprised of natural, high mountain desert and high mountain forest terrain, ideal for SUV training in the most extreme conditions with elevations up to nine thousand feet.
Our Lone Operator Evasive Driving and Tactics Course allows participants to train with front, rear and 4x4 low profile vehicles on varied road surfaces. This rigorous course teaches the most comprehensive offensive and defensive driving tactics required for survivability in high-risk environments.
The foundation of this course provides operators intensive instruction and practical exercises on high-speed vehicle dynamics, technical driving techniques, high-speed maneuvering and evasive driving methods on multi-elevation paved, unimproved roads and off-road terrain.
During the driving disciplines, training incorporates day and night tactical immediate action drills, live-fire vehicle targeting methods, low-profile shooting from vehicles, vehicle down, bailout and fire, and maneuver egress drills. The final training event combines evasive driving techniques with realistic tactical threat scenarios.
Employing a variety of 4x4 vehicles encountered world-wide, this course presents extreme, off-road challenges in both a high-altitude, mountain desert as well as mountainous terrain.
The three to five day course includes:
- Fundamentals of off-road driving on our man-made obstacle course
- Natural high mountain desert and alpine terrain over miles of unimproved trails
- Vehicle preservation techniques
- Steep ascent and descent maneuvering
- Self and assisted vehicle recovery techniques using improvised and standard equipment
- 4x4 Mechanics Corner and field expedient repairs
- Realistic attack scenarios with force-on-force and battlefield effects, while tactically maneuvering through mountainous channelized terrain.
This course helps trainees develop technical and defensive unimproved road driving skills so that they can perform high-speed maneuvering and evasive actions in rural, hostile environments.
Mechanics Corner training presents an in-depth exploration into the workings of vehicular mechanical systems. Trainees dissect vehicle components and systems and learn how to improvise repairs using only what can be acquired in an operational environment.
In the two day course, our expert driving instructors and vehicle engineers conduct a round-robin training event that allows small group interaction with the instructors and hands-on training with the equipment and vehicles:
- Wheels and Tires
- Cooling Systems
- Electrical and Ignition Systems
- Brakes and Suspensions Components
- Conventional Arc and MIG welding methods along with improvised field welding techniques using common vehicle parts.
This five day course provides the SOF operator with offensive and defensive high-speed driving techniques along paved roads, dirt roads and rugged off-road environments. It also teaches trainees how to make vehicle diagnostics as well as repairs on non-standard, American and Foreign vehicles.