Over time, different types of technologies and infrastructure for communications have been designed as a solution to specific problem. Within the scope of voice-communication technologies, we know mining customer face a number of issues.
- Multiple sites use different radio manufacturers or frequencies including radio technologies (VHF, UHF, analog, digital, P25, and Tetra)
- Use of conventional analog telephone systems (FXS, FXO)
- Implementation of Internet Protocol-based voice communication known as Voice over IP (VoIP)
- Telephone users across sites communicating with radio users
Bridging the gap between different and isolated technologies is essential. The augmentation of the communications infrastructure adds new capabilities to existing equipment and reduces capital expenditure.
Developing this new infrastructure is feasible with standards-based interoperability. In order to fulfill market demands, our solution observes these design principles:
- Use of versatile and portable equipment that is able to provide interoperability between existing isolated platforms.
- Scalable and flexible deployment allowing gradual expansion based on application needs.
- Based on open-source operating systems. This provides reliable operation, platform independence and adoption of new capabilities inherent in the operating system that results in the rapid development of new features.
- Cost-effective, lending itself to reuse of equipment.
The integration of our products with Asterisk PBX, or other IP PBXs, results in an augmented network that provides interoperability between disparate communication platforms and technologies.
- The network architecture is customizable and scalable according to the requirements and budgets of different businesses.
- Efficient, easy to deploy and cost effective.
- Customers no longer need to refresh all their equipment when they need additional capabilities to expand their infrastructure.
- Provide connectivity between telephone and radio users.
Voice communications are provided to more users, which provides greater situational awareness and streamlines activities leading to saving of money and sometimes.