Interconnectivity between communications systems and devices is crucial for applications today where sensitive and timely distribution of information is of the utmost importance. Lack of connectivity can result in life threatening situations, increased ecological damage, and impaired evacuation capabilities, among others.
Without connectivity between radio systems, IP systems and cellular networks important and urgent situational information is delayed or cannot be delivered at all.
- Multiple sites use different radio manufacturers or frequencies but users need to communicate with each other.
- Cellular telephone users require the ability to communicate with radio users via mobile app.
- Customer requires mission critical communications management platform.
VCOM, by Intracom Systems, is a multi-access communications and tactical intercom and conferencing solution for professional and mission critical applications. VCOM acts as the central connectivity point for all communications between radios, Voice over IP (VoIP) networks and cellular phones.
VCOM’s core architecture is based on the industry-standard Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) which allows a wide variety of devices to be connected resulting in quick setup with minimal effort. In order to connect push-to-talk radio systems into the VCOM media gateway a Vocality BASICS Radio Relay is used. Vocality products, including Vocality’s Radio over IP products, provide a very cost-effective means of tying radio communications to other SIP devices. This allows a first responder in the field using a radio to directly communicate with a situational commander outside radio range using a smartphone.
VCOM, when combined with Vocality’s Radio over IP, provides a cost-effective solution for operationally challenging networks. The ability to seamlessly tie various forms of communication into one cohesive network allows the timely dissemination of information. As a result of these combined technologies lives can be saved, as decisions can be made in real-time without the delay caused by humans relaying information over multiple mediums.
- Enable radio users of different manufactures and frequencies to communicate.
- Provide connectivity between smart phones and radio users.
- Improved decision making through real-time communications.