About Cubic Corporation
Cubic Corporation designs, integrates and operates systems, products and services focused in the transportation, defense training and secure communications markets. Cubic Transportation Systems is a leading integrator of payment and information technology and services to create intelligent travel solutions for transportation authorities and operators. Cubic Global Defense Systems is a leading provider of live, virtual, constructive and game-based training solutions to the U.S. and allied forces. Cubic Mission Solutions provides networked Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) capabilities for defense, intelligence, security and commercial missions. For more information about Cubic, please visit the company's website at www.cubic.com or on Twitter @CubicCorp.
PH: +1 858-505-2593
Cubic Global Defense to demonstrate air training systems that bridge the gap between current and next-generation live, virtual and constructive training
SAN DIEGO – July 12, 2018 – Cubic Corporation (NYSE: CUB) today announced its Cubic Global Defense (CGD) business division will be highlighting its advanced air combat training systems and live, virtual and constructive (LVC) integrated training capabilities at the biennial Farnborough International Airshow, taking place from July 16-22 in Farnborough, United Kingdom. The Farnborough Airshow is recognized as one of the world’s largest showcases for the aerospace industry with a diverse range of exhibitors from space, civil, defense, manufacturing technology, rotary as well as maintenance, repair and overhaul.
“Cubic has revolutionized air combat training since the 1970’s with our Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation (ACMI) systems,” said Dave Buss, president of Cubic Global Defense. “In fact, we provide the encrypted P5 Internal Subsystem for the F-35, making the P5 Combat Training System the only fourth- and fifth-generation interoperable ACMI system flying in the world today.”
“If you look at the growing number of countries with the F-35 along with current P5 users a standard is clearly set for joint, multiservice and coalition training,” said Mike Knowles, vice president and general manager of Air Ranges, Cubic Global Defense. “The demand for secure high-fidelity training is extremely important and Cubic continues to innovate to meet this requirement for aircrews around the globe.”
Cubic was the first to develop and fly an encrypted ACMI solution for both the P5CTS and LVC pod applications, demonstrating a step-change in ACMI and LVC capability that will revolutionize how our warfighters train.
Cubic Global Defense will present the following training solutions at booth #2080 in Hall 2 at the Farnborough International Exhibition & Conference Centre:
- P5 Tactical Combat Training System (P5CTS): Cubic’s P5CTS is a pod solution that relays Time, Space and Position in Information (TSPI) between participating aircraft during training sorties. This air combat training system enables real-time, live monitoring and recorded mission data of air-to-air, air-to-ground and surface-to-air training scenarios for post-mission analysis.
- Individual Combat Aircrew Display System (ICADS®): ICADS is an advanced Windows-based aircrew combat display and debrief software system that supports individual pilot, squadron-level or mass, live and debriefing operations. ICADS is also highly portable and operates with air combat training systems on a fixed range or in the range-less/autonomous mode.
- Secure LVC Training: As the industry System Integrator for the Air Force Research Lab’s Secure LVC Advanced Training Environment (SLATE) Advanced Technology Demonstration (ATD), Cubic will support the development and demonstration of a new multi-level secure system, secure waveform with tactical aircraft and range ground stations as part of an LVC solution for air combat training.
- Secure Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation: The successful completion of a live-flight demonstration of the Cubic Miniature Encryptor (CME), showcased airborne encryption of the P5CTS on tactical fighter aircraft. The CME is a miniature encryption solution that is readily available for the P5CTS. This low-cost, low-risk, form-fit addition to legacy P5 pods and training range ground stations provide increased security for advanced air combat training.
- Bandit Board: Bandit Board is an integrated low-cost tactical training capability that transmits the live P5CTS display on a kneeboard tablet of a pilot in an aggressor “Red Air” aircraft. With this innovative enhancement, “Red Air” now has a high-fidelity, real-time picture of all players in combat training exercise, transforming a second-or third-generation aircraft into a formidable opponent.
- Synthetic Wrap: Cubic’s Synthetic Wrap technology delivers complex field-based, contemporary tactical and command training through the provision of a coherent blend of instrumented live and synthetic training at the individual, team and collective levels. It is distributed through state-of-the-art Cubic Long-Term Evolution (LTE) networking technology, providing a platform of enormous bandwidth to carry all the essential components of integrated Synthetic Wrap.
Follow Cubic Global Defense on Twitter at @CubicDefense and join the social conversation surrounding the Farnborough Airshow with #FIA18.