About Cubic Corporation
Cubic is a technology-driven, market-leading provider of integrated solutions that increase situational understanding for transportation, defense C4ISR and training customers worldwide to decrease urban congestion and improve the militaries’ effectiveness and operational readiness. Our teams innovate to make a positive difference in people’s lives. We simplify their daily journeys. We promote mission success and safety for those who serve their nation. For more information about Cubic, please visit the company’s website at www.cubic.com or on Twitter @CubicCorp.
PH: +1 858-505-2593
Cubic Global Defense to highlight cutting-edge, performance-based training solutions for military readiness and combat proficiency
SAN DIEGO – Nov. 20, 2018 – Cubic Corporation (NYSE: CUB) today announced that its Cubic Global Defense (CGD) business division will demonstrate its broad portfolio of advanced training solutions at the 2018 Interservice/Industry Training Simulation and Education Conference (I/ITSEC) in Orlando, Florida from November 26-29. Organized by the National Training and Simulation Association (NTSA), I/ITSEC is the world’s largest modeling, simulation and training conference. With the theme of “Launching Innovation in Learning: Ready, Set, Disrupt,” this year’s conference is led by the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps.
“As our adversaries become more capable and operating environments become more complex, it is critical for U.S. forces to converge capabilities across multiple domains,” said Mike Knowles, president, Cubic Global Defense. “Through our NextTraining™ strategy, Cubic integrates innovative training solutions that keep pace with our customers’ evolving training requirements. We look forward to showcasing our advanced solutions that integrate disruptive technologies to accelerate training proficiency.”
Cubic’s technologies feature knowledge-focused infrastructures and dynamic learning environments that can be adapted across multiple domains. At I/ITSEC, Cubic will demonstrate the following training innovations at booth #1748 in the South Concourse at the Orange County Convention Center:
- SLATE Validated Live, Virtual and Constructive (LVC) Training: Cubic is the industry systems integrator for the U.S. Air Force Research Lab’s (AFRL) Secure LVC Advanced Training Environment (SLATE) Advanced Technology Demonstration (ATD). SLATE-ATD successfully demonstrated the integration of live fighter aircraft, man-in-the-loop simulators and hundreds of constructive air and ground entities in a single training environment. Through this game-changing instrumentation system, Cubic provides the Department of Defense (DoD) and coalition partners the ability to securely train, test and measure combat readiness like never before.
- Live & Virtual Convergence: the utilization of live and virtual weapons with next-generation tracking technologies, such as geo-pairing and optical tracking for the synthetic training environment. These technologies integrate live and virtual weapons into the U.S. Army’s Games for Training (GFT) environment. They also address the Army and Marine Corps desire to improve tracking accuracy and incorporate next-generation visual interfaces for training.
- Cross Domain Live, Virtual and Constructive (LVC) Training: cross domain LVC training demonstrates the air and ground integration of Cubic’s Individual Combat Aircrew Display System (ICADS) and Synthetic Wrap capability. The industry-leading ACMI/LVC systems combined with these innovative solutions bridge the gap between today’s air and ground combat training and next-generation LVC training.
- Artillery Mission Training System: as the world’s first realistic training experience for the howitzer detachment in the field, gunnery drills can now be carried out in almost complete realism and instrumented artillery can now fire ‘in’ to Tactical Engagement Systems (TES). This ground-breaking appliqué training system is designed by gunners for gunners and fills a critical training gap during force-on-force training.
- Nexus Analytics: a modular system that collects and synthesizes data from existing systems. Nexus Analytics provides a data-backed understanding of soldier/unit readiness enabling customers to conduct short, medium and long-term learning to enhance their combat capabilities. It creates a compelling capability for combat training centers that need to analyze and interpret large amounts of data collected from LVC and observatory systems.
- Big Analytics and Reality in Simulation (BARS): Cubic’s Immersive Virtual Ship Environment (IVSE) for the Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) is a game-based learning technology that supports the U.S. Navy’s LCS program by immersing trainees in a cutting-edge, 3-D virtual environment, practically identical to real-life shipboard scenarios. A robust learning management system, the IVSE features performance data collection functionalities to enhance knowledge retention and accelerate learning.
- Information Ecosystem: Cubic’s newest training solution provides support for high speed data communications and analytics on the battlefield. The Communications Interface (CI) and the Black Wolf Base Station meet both the operational and training communications and tracking requirements for the individual, team and unit by exploiting a secure LTE ecosystem.
- Synthetic Internet Training Environment (SITE): with cyber as the latest front in the modern battlespace, Cubic’s SITE creates a digital sandbox for open source intelligence, public affairs, psychological operations, cyber operations and operational security personnel. It provides an opportunity to train in realistic news, social media and dark web environments without spilling onto the open internet.
- Synthetic Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (Synthetic ISR): supports joint exercises by providing customizable virtual environments with a variety of manned and unmanned sensor feeds. Synthetic ISR provides a mobile LVC applications that injects live players into the rich geo-specific virtual environments.
Follow Cubic Global Defense @CubicDefense on Twitter and join the social media conversation using #IITSEC.
# # #